I have a riddle for you.
How do you drive 540 miles, over the course of three days, and not really go anywhere?
Possible 540 Mile Round Trips from Providence, RI
- Sunday River Resort, ME (450 miles)
- Cooperstown, NY (462 miles)
- Newport, VT – right by the Canadian border (520 miles)
- Burlington, VT (530 miles)
- Philadelphia, PA (540 miles)
- Bangor, ME (568 miles)
Possible Destinations within approximately 540 Miles – One Way
- Montreal (370 miles)
- Caribou, ME (455 miles)
- Niagara Falls (460 miles)
- Toronto, Canada (544 miles)
- Pittsburgh, PA (565 miles)
- Morgantown, WV (560 miles)
Answer: Drive back and forth from Providence to Rockport Three times in one weekend.
Truth be told, every mile was worth it because each one was for my children. (I’ll do a weekend re-cap soon.) But, still… that was a shit ton of driving without really going anywhere!